The Defense Never Rests

Fighting For Your Future When You’re Charged With Drug And Alcohol Crimes

One of the key rules in my law practice at Patel Defense, LLC, is that I do not judge my clients. I am here to fight for them – relentlessly, aggressively, even ruthlessly when needed. At no time is this more apparent than when clients come to me after an arrest for a drug or alcohol-related crime.

Some are facing felony charges and prison time for drug possession or trafficking. Others have a child in college who has just been charged with underage drinking or a first-time DUI. All of them run the risk of a conviction becoming a blight on their future – in terms of having enormous fines to pay, being locked out of certain types of jobs, even being denied a home to rent or buy due to a felony conviction.

I’m Indianapolis criminal defense attorney Monish Patel. My firm has represented thousands of clients who’ve been arrested on alcohol or drug charges. As a former prosecutor and former public defender, I know how local courts treat defendants, and I can build a strong defense for you based on that knowledge.

Understanding Indiana’s Drug And Alcohol Laws

Indiana penalizes people heavily for possession or sale of any illicit substance. However, law enforcement often makes mistakes when conducting drug investigations, including conducting improper searches without probable cause. No criminal investigation, including those for drugs, is ever a slam-dunk for the prosecution.

I’ve helped numerous clients minimize the impact of drug charges for these and other substances:

  • Marijuana
  • Fentanyl
  • Cocaine
  • Crack
  • Heroin
  • Methamphetamine
  • Prescription drugs
  • Ecstasy
  • LSD

Alcohol consumption is, of course, legal for those 21 or older, under certain conditions. I help individuals and families in Indianapolis and the surrounding counties deal with the following charges:

Talk To A Qualified DUI And Drug Crime Defense Attorney When You Need Results That Matter

You don’t have to face the threat of a drug or alcohol charge by yourself. I can meet with you wherever you are, whenever you need to meet. To set up a free case evaluation, call me at 317-643-5459, or send a message using the online contact form on this website.